Monday, 28 March 2011

DH Training Cancelled but new snow!!

The downhill training was cancelled as we got out of bed this morning! None of our group were due to race, hence the later start but the others, who had got onto the hill for 7am, were disappointed.
We headed up high this morning with GS skis. No Gate training today but some technical training.
We found some good fresh snow above about 1800m, so the rain that we had for many hours yesterday turned to snow higher up.
The top of the Saulire, looking towards Courcheval this morning

After about two hours with the GS skis, the temperatures and high humidity started having a detrimental effect on the snow so we went and grabbed the SL skis for a couple of runs until the snow really changed, so we decided to call it a day and head back to prep skis for SL gate training tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.